Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bubonic Plague

This post if only for those who can stand to hear something really awful and disgusting. Here goes.
We have macadamia nut trees. So we have rats. And the rats decided to build nests in the macadamia nut trees. I felt it was my duty to get rid of the nests. So I took the saw, clippers, ladder, etc out to the grove and started cutting back the branches. At first it wasn't too bad, but when I got to the high branches, I had to stand underneath them and saw away, while all the dirt, decaying nuts, and bubonic-plague-infested rat poop fell on my head. It was so disgusting.
So, if I die suddenly, it will be because of the plague I contracted while dealing with rats nests. I will try not to infect others.
PS. Did I mention the horrible smell?

5 comments:

Adriann said...

Wow Mom, you're brave. That sounds like a job I would have paid my grandsons $20 to do. Toughen them up, and spare you the experience. Ew.

Aunt Kathi said...

UGH!

The Expatts said...

Yuck! Hope you get rid of it soon so we can come visit :)

Pattersons said...

oh yuck! what a horriblel job! but you're so brave for doing it:)

Unknown said...

Absolutely the grossest thing I have heard. You are the brave person I hope to become...